setting icon for executable

Kyle Downey kyle.downey@amberarcher.com
Thu Feb 17 15:05:00 GMT 2000

I'd like to build some simple EXE's for Windows with gcc/cygwin (for an
installer builder). Because these EXE's will be generated from templates, I'd
like a simple way to associate ICO files with them so they show up in Explorer
with the icon. I'm from the UNIX world. How is this done programmatically? I
assume windres is involved somehow, but what's the API side? Anything special
needed because it's gcc rather than VC++? Could anyone point me to a simple
example? Thanks.

regards,
kd