Making GCC 2.95.2 Problems

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 05:30:00 GMT 2000

--- "Boyer,Galen" <gboyer@primix.com> wrote:
-8<-
> From local, I executed "/src/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/configure" which was successful.
> Therefore, from local again, I then executed "make bootstrap" and got back
> the error:
>
> /c: Can't open /c
> make: *** [all-libiberty] Error 2
>
> Then for a hacking try, I umounted /c and ran the command again.  I got this
> error:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target
> `/c/cygnus/cygwin-b20/usr/local/src/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/version.c', needed by
> `Makefile'.  Stop.
>
> This one doesn't seem to be a viable option because after umounting /c, the
> "/src/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/configure" command brings back "bash.exe:
> src/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/configure: No such file or directory".  (I am not exactly
> sure why this is, but I'm guessing Cygnus resolves relative paths to their
> fully qualified paths?)

This is caused by the lack of an environment variable MAKE_MODE=unix.  Or you
can use the --unix switch with the Cygwin make, as in make --unix bootstrap.

It appears that you're attempting a big task without being familiar with the
tools.  Why are you building gcc-2.95.2 yourself when you can download a
prebuilt version from Mumit Khan?

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >