cygwish80 problem

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch@adelphia.net
Sun Jan 2 15:23:00 GMT 2000

I have more information on this problem.

The 1.0 CD version of cygwish80 cannot correctly "source" any file whose
patch traverses a Cygwin mount point.

For example, here is my mount scheme:

Device              Directory           Type         Flags
c:\cygwin           /                   user         textmode
f:\local            /usr/local          user         binmode
f:\X11R6            /usr/X11R6          user         binmode
c:                  /c                  user         textmode
h:                  /home/hirsch        user         binmode
e:                  /usr/src            user         binmode

If I create a file called "test.tcl" containing:

puts "Hello, world!"

and place it in "/", cygwish80 can load it by:

% source "/test.tcl"

However, if the same file is placed in /usr/local/bin, it must be sourced
by doing:

% source "f:/local/bin/test.tcl"

The cygwin path "/usr/local/bin/test.tcl" results in "..file not found".

If this behavior is not a bug, I'd be interested in the rationale for it.
The cygwish80 in B20.1 can correctly resolve cygwin paths and does not
require the above workaround.

Regards,

Steve