getc() problem with Cygwin v1.0

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 11:50:00 GMT 2000

--- Dtcohen@aol.com wrote:
-8<-
> Chris, Ernie, et al,
>
>      OK, we're probably getting closer but I tried setting CYGWIN=tty
> in Control Panel -> System -> Environment, (and then re-starting bash) and
> unfortunately we're not quite there yet (I'm having the same problems).
>
>      I also tried setting CYGWIN32=tty and CYGWIN_TTY=1 (just because I
> found them set on my B20.1 system) and still no luck.  And just to be sure
> I also tried setting them all in my AUTOEXEC.BAT (even though I'm running NT)
> and my .bashrc (even though the instructions say that it must be set BEFORE
> the shell is running); still no success.
>
>      As per Ernie's suggestion I have included a paste of cygcheck -r -s -v.
> I hope this helps.  Please get back to me with any more suggestios.
>
>      P.S. sorry if it takes a day for me to respond.  My v1.0 system is at
> home...
>
> Many thanks,
> Jim Grishaw
> dtcohen@aol.com
>
> ----------------------- Paste of "cygcheck -r -s -v"
> -------------------------
>

> Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
> Current System Time: Fri Jan 14 10:28:37 2000
>
> WinNT Ver 4.0 build 1381 Service Pack 3

>     /bin

As always, /bin should be first in the PATH, but that isn't going to solve your
problem.

>     /contrib/bin
>     /usr/i686-cygwin/bin
>     /usr/local/bin
>     /usr/local/bin/X11
>     /usr/X11R6/bin
>     /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-cygwin/2.9-cygwin-990830
>     /cygdrive/d/ModelTech/win32
>     /cygdrive/c/WINNT/SYSTEM32
>     /cygdrive/c/WINNT
>
> SysDir: C:\WINNT\System32
> WinDir: C:\WINNT
>
> CYGWIN32 = `tty'
> CYGWIN = `tty'
> HOME = `/cygdrive/d/grishaw'
> PWD = `//D/grishaw'

-8<-
> TEMP = `C:\TEMP'
> TERM = `ansi'

Try `export TERM=cygwin'.  Yea, I know Chris said that it shouldn't matter.

Hmm... I just did `export TERM=ansi' and I can still do the backspace.  What
happens if you do Ctrl-H instead of the Backspace key?  Is it possible that
your Backspace key is mapped to be the Delete key?  BTW, my CYGWIN variable
isn't set at all.

Regards,

=====
Earnie Boyd < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >