B20.1: %-signs at the beginning of filenames

Egor Duda deo@logos-m.ru
Tue Jul 4 06:56:00 GMT 2000

Hi!

Tuesday, 04 July, 2000 Wolfgang Zocher zocher@rrzn.uni-hannover.de wrote:

WZ> while  trying  to install the scilab package under cygwin B20.1 (I
WZ> have  to use this "old" version because scilab don't compile using
WZ> cygwin1.1.2)  I  get errors with filenames beginning with "%". The
WZ> ls-command  works for this files but I'm not able to execute "less
WZ> %abc.xy". What's the trick behind this?

this is a known bug in b20.1, and it was fixed ~ year ago. perhaps you
can  say  what  kind  of  problems have you encountered when compiling
scilab  with  1.1.2?

otoh,   you   can  _compile_  your  application  with  b20.1  and  use
cygwin1.dll  from  1.1.2  at run time -- that'll make "% in filenames"
problem to go away.