[Re: OpenSSH cygwin port]

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@cygnus.com
Thu Jul 6 02:12:00 GMT 2000

norbert.bladt@usa.net wrote:
> Which README ?
> I just downloaded the compiled version, not the source.
> The only hint a found was in the announcement on the openssh mailing
> list.

ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Vinschen_Corinna/V1.1.1/openssh-2.1.0p3.README

> It says that RSA authorization works just for the one and only
> user starting this program.
> Will it work if I use a local account for the service, too ?

No. It's a restriction of NT security. To change user context the
application needs the password which isn't available via RSA
authentication, obviously.

To get other authentication methods working we would need to write
a LSA authentication package which isn't that easy. All currently
existing auth packages are commercial, AFAIK.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer