Openssh port to cygwin

norbert.bladt@usa.net norbert.bladt@usa.net
Mon Jul 10 04:34:00 GMT 2000

Hello everyone !

Openssh on NT works very well, unless you are trying to
use /winnt/system32/cmd instead of /bin/sh or
unless you use real NT commands from the sh.

In this case, no input / output redirection is possible,
neither on UNIX nor - once logged in - on NT.
Using "cygwin-enabled" GNU commands works fine, though.

Now my questions are:
Is this the intended behaviour ?
If not what can be the reason or - with other words - do
just I see this behaviour or is it the same for everybody else ?

We really want to execute NT commands like "net use" or
"net stop snmp", etc. from remote UNIX or NT host via ssh.
Is this a bad idea and if yes, why ?
Are there other WORKING solutions for that which are secure ?

Thanks in advance for any help / advice / URL's, etc.,

Norbert Bladt.