Problems building autoconf

McDermott, Alastair Alastair.McDermott@softwareag.com
Tue Jul 11 03:34:00 GMT 2000

Hi all,

> You can override the configure mechanism by setting and exporting an
> environment var named PERL.
>
> PERL=/usr/local/bin/perl
> export PERL
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
>
> should now work.

Should work ... and doesn't :-/ The ./configure returns the same result as
previously. I am really confused now. The $PERL path is both explicitly
stated :

bash-2.04$ echo $PERL
/usr/local/bin/perl

and implicit (should be found with this):

bash-2.04$ echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/WINNT/system32:/WINNT: *etc*

> But something seems to be wrong with your path. What configure does
> is, that it looks for perl everywhere in the path and uses this
> information. It normally should find your perl :-(

The above would imply to me that my path is correct. Could there be a
problem with my ./configure file? Where else should I be looking?

Again, thanks for the help!

Alastair.

--
Alastair McDermott,