mailing list filter filtering too much

Noel L Yap yap_noel@jpmorgan.com
Tue Jul 18 06:41:00 GMT 2000

When I mail to cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com, the mail goes through fine, but if
I send to Cygwin@Sourceware.Cygnus.Com (which stupid Lotus Notes places in the
CC field when I hit "Replay to All") I get a failure notice from
MAILER-DAEMON@sourceware.cygnus.com saying:
Mail note rejected:  List address must be in To: or Cc: headers.

I'm working on my side to see if I can get Lotus Notes fixed (ie simply copy
email addresses into the CC field without mangling them), but I also think the
Cygnus mail filter should be fixed to have a case-insensitive check.

Noel

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan & Co. Incorporated, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.