July 17th snapshot

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Tue Jul 18 18:34:00 GMT 2000

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 05:01:44PM -0700, Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
>Well, XFree seems to be more stable with July 17th
>snapshot, is not time to have a Cygwin 1.1.3 ? ;-)

Btw, one of the changes that I made to cygwin in the 7/17 snapshot was
to detect when a "system call" like open(), stat(), chmod(), etc.  is
passed an invalid pointer and set the EFAULT errno rather than SEGVing
within cygwin itself.

I noticed that that seemed to make XFree work better but that is a sign
that some functions are being passed bogus stuff.  In particular, I
noticed this with chown().

cgf