Apache 2.0 on Cygwin

Fifer, Eric EFifer@sanwaint.com
Wed Jul 19 05:23:00 GMT 2000

>Is there currently an effort in place to port 2.0 to Cygwin? Where can I
>find more information/discussion on this?

The basic Apache 2.0a4 builds relatively cleanly on Cygwin.
Attached are a build script and two patch files that will
build a prefork version.

A few caveats: I don't watch the Apache developers list and
I wasn't involved with the previous efforts building Apache
on Cygwin.  And, I haven't seen any discussions regarding
porting the latest Apache alphas to Cygwin.

To get a fully functional Apache on Cygwin I think a fair amount
of work would be necessary, particularly getting POSIX threads
fully implemented on Cygwin.

Regards,

Eric Fifer