STATUS ACCESS VIOLATION - Transferring Flex & Bison to another machine - Advice needed

Killion, Richard rkillion@harris.com
Thu Jul 20 11:27:00 GMT 2000

--- In gnu-win32@egroups.com, "Paul Garceau" <pgarceau@t...> wrote:

> 	forgive me, please --- but I need to ask:  Why not simply
> update your Cygwin development environment to the latest Cygwin
> release (1.1.2)?

Paul:

Thank you for your reply.

The statement probably was hard to find in my lengthy and wordy
message, but "I installed the latest flex and bison , but still get
errors. "

After Bison failing in the same way with the latest (1.1.2), I
backtracked to the other engineers b19 setup which was working fine
on his machine but not mine.

I found what I was missing.  I needed a "tmp" file in the root.  This
is what bombed Bison.  The dos "temp" wasn't enough.   I am
surprised that the 1.1.2 version did not install "tmp".

 Now that it is fixed, I will work with 1.1.2 with confidence.

Thanks again for your reply.