rxvt resources

David Starks-Browning starksb@ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 04:12:00 GMT 2000

On Friday 14 Jul 00, Noel L Yap writes:
> How would I set the rxvt resources the way I would using app-defaults/Rxvt?

I've had good luck putting things in ~/.Xdefaults, at least with Bub's
rxvt-2.7.2-w32c from < http://www.io.com/~bub/rxvt.html >.  You don't
say which rxvt you are using.

> I've tried 'rxvt --scrollBar_right=true' and 'rxvt -scrollBar_right true'.  How
> do I get the scrollbar to be on the right side?

Are you sure it's possible?  The man page I have says:

       scrollBar: boolean
              True: enable the scrollbar [default];  option  -sb.
              False:  disable  the  scrollbar;  option +sb.  Note
              that the scrollbar position  (left/right)  and  its
              type    (with/without   arrows)   is   compile-time
              selected.

So it appears you would have to rebuild rxvt to change this.

> Also, is there a way to set CYGWIN=tty without having rxvt startup from a
> non-hidden MSDOS shell (ie without using run)?

Am I missing something?  What does the CYGWIN setting have to do with
using 'run'?

David