Problem with system()

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@cygnus.com
Thu Jul 27 07:50:00 GMT 2000

Chris Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 09:42:19AM -0400, Glenn.Davis@predictive.com wrote:
> >Chris,
> >I guesss I should have given more info.
> >I tried
> >        system ("command /c dir")
> >and yes, I am using Windows 95.
>
> I don't know what's wrong but I would check basic things like your PATH.
> If you don't have a command.com in your path then system is obviously
> not going to be able to run "command".

You have to use "command.com /c dir" because the standard search
algorithm only finds apps which don't have an extension or which have
the ".exe" extension. ".com" isn't supported.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:vinschen@cygnus.com