Default mount point and directory structure in cygwin archives

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@cygnus.com
Thu Jul 27 08:00:00 GMT 2000

Chris Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 05:42:53PM +0400, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
> >Suggestion - change default mount points to /bin->/usr/bin and /lib->/usr/lib.
> >That will allow to unpack archives both under Cygwin and Windows.
>
> Suggestion:  Use setup.exe to unpack your tar files.

Additional suggestion: Never use WinZIP to unpack tar archives.
It has two misbehaviours which are really annoying. Quashing the
detail here, this let me always getting so sad...

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:vinschen@cygnus.com