fortran 90 compiler

John A. Turner john.turner@pobox.com
Sat Jun 3 18:54:00 GMT 2000

Joel GUERRERO wrote:

> Where can i find a free f90 compiler that i can use with cygnus?
> I need it urgently

the short answer is - you're out of luck

although the g95 project is underway, modern Fortran is a language of
some complexity (roughly equivalent to C++ - more complex in some ways,
simpler in others) - the project is hosted at sourceforge:

http://g95.sourceforge.net/

having used most of the commercial F90's from their early days, I have
to say that I'm not optimistic that it will reach anywhere near the
level of usefulness of g++ for some time (nothing against the developers,
it's just a very difficult project, and I'm sure there are far fewer
active developers than there were with g++)

for more info on other possibilities for the interim:

http://www.ifremer.fr/ditigo/molagnon/fortran90/engfaq.html

-John Turner