Updated: gdb 20000608

Richard Stanton stanton@Haas.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Jun 9 11:01:00 GMT 2000

There seem to be some problems with the updated gdb.

First, McAfee Virusscan complains the archive has a virus inside, but
doesn't give me any virus name. I switched off the virus checker, and
installation proceeded OK.

Prior to the update, typing

"gdb progname"

would fire up gdb in GUI mode. Now, I get back a command prompt without ever
seeing anything happen at all.

Within EMACS, gdb starts up OK, and kind of works, but I can't see the
source file. For example, with my source file c:\projects\sbir\simls.c, I
asked to run gdb on the executable simls.exe. Emacs opens a window showing
the (empty) NEW file c:/cygdrive/c/projects/sbir/simls.c.

Any thoughts?

Richard Stanton