symlinks not working on Samba mounted drives.

Stephen Iribarne stv@tutsys.com
Wed Jun 14 16:31:00 GMT 2000

Title: symlinks not working on Samba mounted drives.

I checked out the FAQ on this but my version of Samba 1.9 and the latest version I have 2.03 on another Linux box must not support the options mentioned in the FAQ.

When I do from my bash shell:

ln -s ../main/FileFoo.h .

If I look at the file that was just created it looks like

!<symlink>../main/FileFoo.h^@

The FAQ talks about the option mask system = yes and create mask = 0775.  I can't find anything in the Samba doc that talks about this.

I've tried multiple variations...any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
stv

/*
Steve Iribarne