New gcc/binutils available for testing

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Thu Jun 15 14:34:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 01:29:19PM -0700, Carl Thompson wrote:
>Chris Faylor wrote:
>> Could you provide some debugging information, please?
>>
>> gcc -v
>
>Attached.
>
>> And, it would be instructive to see your cygcheck output, too, I
>> guess.
>
>Attached.

Oops.  It looks like I had an environment variable set from an ancient
version of CYGWIN -- LIBRARY_PATH.  If you set that to /usr/lib it
seems to find things correctly.

Thanks for noticing this, I'll look into correcting it ASAP.

>> >PS: Is it possible to add the OpenGL headers to the Cygwin
>> >    distribution?  It comes with the import libraries for OpenGL,
>> >    but not the headers needed to use them!
>>
>> This is a w32api issue.  w32api is maintained by Mumit Khan and Anders
>> Norlander.  I assume that they would be happy to include headers but
>> for the headers to be included they would have to be written.
>
>I see this at the beginning of the headers I have:
>
>   // Modified to compile ok with g++ parser
>   // (c) Cancrelas inc. 1998
>  // see
> http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32/1997-Dec/0023.html
>So maybe you already have them and they have just been forgotten in the
>recent distributions?

This URL bumps me back to the cygwin mailing list archives.

Regardless, my original response still holds.  The w32api stuff is
imported from Mumit Khan's master repository.  Hopefully he will be
back very soon and able to respond to your request.

I've stepped in to try to fix the gcc and binutils problems that
seemed to be causing everyone in the world problems two days
ago (although no one seems to be willing to check the new compiler).
I don't think this is an urgent enough issue to warrant my involvement
right now.

cgf