[kevinfaust@mail.com: software bug]

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Fri Jun 16 10:03:00 GMT 2000

YA person sending mail to our commercial support mailing list.

Can someone help him?

cgf

----- Forwarded message from Web Server <kevinfaust@mail.com> -----

From: Web Server <kevinfaust@mail.com>
To: Cygwin Tech Support <cygwin-support@cygnus.com>
Subject: software bug
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 05:27:47 -0700

001-First-name = Kevin

002-Last-name = Faust

004-Organization =

005-Confidential = No

007-Synopsis = configure produces incompatible sed script

009-Severity = non-critical

010-Priority = low

011-Release = Cygwin 1.0

013-Description = I am trying to install binutils on a Windows 98
machine.  The configure script is producing numerous sed scripts that
produce the following error message:

/usr/bin/SED.EXE: file xxx.txt line 2: Unknown option to 's'

Investigation reveals that the file containing this sed script contains
Unix style <CR><LF> line termination which sed does not like.  This sed
script was produced using a "cat" command within the body of configure.

Is this a known error under Windows 98 ?
Is there a workaround ?

Thanks,

Kevin Faust
kevinfaust@mail.com