cygwin 1.1.2 - slow execution of each command

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Thu Jun 22 13:02:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 12:15:31PM -0400, Christopher Jones wrote:
>[ I hope and this doesn't get sent as freakin' HTML. ]
>Is there a way to profile a cygwin program including the time spent inside
>cygwin inself to determine why command execution takes between .70 and 1.5
>seconds for something like /usr/bin/echo, etc.?

Nope.  Sorry.

You might want to inspect the mailing list archives where other people have
complained about this and see if any of the solutions offered make sense
for you.

>Is CYGWIN=binmode supposed to be a global way of doing the same thing as
>mounting everything in binmode because it isn't acting like it... ?

The documentation for the project is currently located at the cygwin web
site:

	http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

cgf