cp needs Full control?
Peter Ring
PRI@cddk.dk
Wed Jun 28 06:25:00 GMT 2000
I'm running a fairly up-to-date installation of cygwin (1.1.2) on a NT
4.0 workstation in a NT domain, with ntsec and /etc/passwd and
/etc/group with NT SID's.
When I cp a file to a directory on a NT 4.0 net share where
* I have only 'Change control', i.e., I do not have permission to change
permissions, and
* the file does not exist beforehand,
I observe this behaviour:
* the file is copied all right, owned by me and group 513 (i.e., 'Domain
Users'), but
* cp returns a status of 1 and prints 'Permission denied' on stderr
On the other hand, I can create a file by running touch without any
problems. While this obviously works as a work-around (first touch
/dat/newfile, then cp /diz/somefile /dat/newfile), I'm a bit puzzled.
What gives?
Kind regards
Peter Ring
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list