Cygwin port of GDB not working too well...

Dave Arnold avr_fan@nettaxi.com
Thu Jun 29 04:43:00 GMT 2000

hi,

I've been trying to use the gdb.exe that came with my cygwin install.
The tcl/tk gui is great! *But* the problem is that when I try setting a
break point and running to that point, it ends up going straight the end of
main and misses all breakpoints
in between.

When trying to setup breakpoints and running from the console I get an error
message. What could be wrong? Does anyone use the cygwin gdb successfully?

gdb) break 100
Breakpoint 6 at 0x18cb: file load5.c, line 100.

(gdb) set args data5.txt
(gdb) show args
Argument list to give program being debugged when it is started is
"data5.txt".

(gdb) run
Starting program: /gcc130/lab5/load5 data5.txt

Error: Error creating process /gcc130/lab5/load5, (error 193)

Sometimes, It breakpoints in the middle of some function ccrt0 or something
like that and it looks like all cgywin dll stuff.

All I want to do is to be able to single step my program and see the current
instruction, set some breakpoints, and view variables,etc. I don't want to
see all the cygwin library stuff.

What could be wrong?

/dAVe