ld problems

Kirth kirth@hole.org
Wed Mar 22 07:05:00 GMT 2000

ahh right that fixed it, mind you im not getting undefined reference's
to thinks like mysql_init .. theres are definitly part of the mysqlclient
lib. I had thought to compilie mysql myself, however it gives a few hundred
errors, so that was no go.

Any suggestions ? ive tried the library that comes with mysql for windows,
the one from the extra mysqlclients package, and even copying across
my linux library, all give roughly the same undefined reference's.

sorry if thats a bit OT, mysql doesnt seem to have a mailing list
for compiling under cygwin with it.

Regards

* Earnie Boyd (earnie_boyd@yahoo.com) [000322 13:41]:
> --- Kirth <kirth@hole.org> wrote:
> > unfortuanlty the same thing
> >
> > g++   -o ffind config.o sql.o query.o parseword.o ffind.o
> > -L/usr/local/lib/mysql
> >   -lmysqlclient
> >
> /cygnus/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/../../../../i5
> > 86-cygwin32/bin/ld: cannot open -lmysqlclient: No such file or directory
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make: *** [ffind] Error 1
> >
> > ive even tried with -L./ and put the file in the same dir
> > ive renamed it mysqlclient, mysqlclient.so, mysqlclient.a ... all
> > fail.
>

> The library file name must be libmysqlclient.a for the -l switch to work.
> Another option is to just list the library file on the command line like this:
>
> g++ -o ffind config.o sql.o query.o parseword.o ffind.o \
>   /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a
>
> The GCC will recognize the library and use it properly.
> >
> > i read something in the mailing list about removing collect2
> > so that ld gets run directly, but i dont have a collect2 file (at all)
> >

> The collect2 problem isn't your problem here.  That has to do with seeing the
> output from ld which you're seeing.  And yes you have it, you'll find it under
> the lib/gcc-lib subdirectories.  To get the exact location you can gcc
> --print-file-name=specs and the directory in which the specs file is the same
> directory that the collect2 program is located.
>

> =====
> ---
>    Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
>             __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__