CVS and binmode

jorg.schaible@db.com jorg.schaible@db.com
Mon May 1 05:02:00 GMT 2000

Hello,

I try to switch from M$ $$ to CVS. I already have the port of Chuck Wilson for Cygwin v1.1 from the franken.de server. The CVS manual states that CVS is so smart to convert automatically LF to CR/LF for DOS based systems. What does Cygwin/CVS ? Will it recognize the binmode of a mounted working directory/drive ?

Offtopic question (at least for Cygwin):
Where do I have to look for additional CVS resources? I am interested in scripts converting the MS SourceSafe into CVS repository. Are there any Source-Control-Plug-In's available that support that interface for Source Ontrol Systems used by several applications (MS VStudio, Rational, Together J?C++, etc.)? Will they cooperate with a Cygwin based CVS?

Regards
Jörg