A simple one. CYGWIN_98 - 4.10 (BASH false error message) (secon d time newbie bug report)
Earnie Boyd
earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Fri May 5 08:58:00 GMT 2000
This has been reported before, the bug is in bash and it is the error message
wording that is incorrect. `is a directory' should read `is not a directory'.
Earnie.
--- "Diel, Robert" <RDiel@wmsgaming.com> wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
> A false error message exists in the built in CD command in bash. If you
> change directory to a file, it says the file is a directory. For example,
>
> cd /bin/ls.exe
> BASH.EXE: cd: bin/ls.exe: is a directory
>
> I took a quick look at the source code, and didn't see anything obvious. It
> might have to do with someone, cd, falsely setting the ENOEXEC flag, but I
> am not quite sure. I don't have time right now to look into it, but if it
> is needed I can look into it further tonight. I know this is a nitpicking
> little problem, but considering how far y'all have advanced, even in the
> last year, any little problem makes this product look less professional then
> it actually is. Thank you,
> Robert
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com
>
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com/
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list