Is there a always binmode switch in cygwin ?

Michael Ring Michael.Ring@t-mobil.de
Wed May 17 07:57:00 GMT 2000

Hi!

I have the problem that my computer always creates a bluescreen when I want to
write to files on a ClearCase-virtual-filesystem. The problem does go away if I
use a symlink instead of mount -b; I will try to produce a strace of this but
this is not the primary topic of my mail.

My question is, if I can force Cygwin to always use my local and Network drives
in binmode. I do not care for cr/lf conversion, I want the files just the way
they are.

Using CYGWIN=binmode does not help, this only seams to change the default
behaviour for pipes.

Thanks,

Michael Ring