UN*X defines (WAS: RE: CygUtils Version of zip (and Symlinks))

Parker, Ron rdparker@butlermfg.com
Thu May 25 09:34:00 GMT 2000

> Well actually, I've wondered about adding unix and linux and 'similar
> "standard" defines' myself.  What would you consider "standard"?

That't why I quoted "standard".  AFAIK there are no standards for defines to
indicate that a program is being built on a UN*X system.  I have just
noticed over the years that many packages use UNIX, unix, or some
permutation with underscores to check for a UN*X operating system.