Troubles with gdbtk

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Fri May 26 10:04:00 GMT 2000

--- "Scott A. Hill" <s.a.hill@larc.nasa.gov> wrote:
> Earnie,
>
> I've been having a similar problem ever since I transitioned from V1.1.0 to
> V1.1.1.  When I execute the command
>
>     > gdb msr
>
> on an executable that has been compiled and linked with the -g option, the
> gdb gui interface pops up and an error window opens to inform me
>
>         couldn't stat "/e/Programs/MSR/msr.f": no such file or directory
>            while excuting
>         "File mtime $f"
>         etc
>
> Once the error message is closed, the executable can be run and stops at the
> first pre-defined breakpoint, the assembly code can be displayed and stepped
> through.  Just can't view the original source.  The source resides in the
> same directory as the executable.  Also, since DOS files on binary mounts
> have been causing problems recently, I also tried removing the CR-LF from
> the source but the problem persists.  Hopefully, that provides some useful
> information.

Thanks for replying Scott.  You've described the same problems I'm having.  If
you use the non-GUI (i.e. the -nw switch), the source code is displayed
properly.  This is a feature of the pathing changes I described concerning \ vs
/.  It has caused a bug in gdbtk when it passes the source file name to the tk
routines to display it.  I haven't found where this happens in gdbtk source
yet, it's difficult to debug a debugger that's broken.

Regards,

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >