File name syntax (WAS: RE: FW: Can not config sshd)

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Sun May 28 08:14:00 GMT 2000

--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
-8<-
> I have mixed feelings about this.  I routinely use //sys/share to access
> remote
> shares.  If cygwin had translated sys:share to //sys/share two or three years
> ago then I would be using that mechanism instead.
>
> Unfortunately, this use is embedded in various scripts on my machine.  I
> would
> be surprised if I was the only person who would be affected by this.

Well, we've changed the way other things work without regard to what might
break by doing so, e.g., the Windows path \ deal.  So, what's the sweat about
this change, you just fix what breaks.

Cheers,

=====
---