uninstalling cygwin

B&T 80stclair@sympatico.ca
Mon May 29 18:34:00 GMT 2000

Chris Faylor wrote:
> Are you referring to the FAQ which says "Only partially updated for
> the latest net release" at the top of the page?

I did notice the FAQ said it was out of date.  I mainly wanted to
convey that I read every available piece of documentation, and the
only available documentation is out of date.

The last time I didn't convey that I'd read everything available,
as I had, Earnie Boyd posted a sarcastic reply ...

(about bothering to read the setup documentation, as it were)

>>While running the uninst.bat script wiped out most of the files,
>>it did not wipe out the registry, and setup refused to install
>>anything, saying it was all up to date.
>
>As we have said many times, setup.exe is a work in progress.  The
>uninstall part of setup is very weak.
>
>Setup should install everything as long as you don't use the "-u"
>option.  If this is not the case, then you've uncovered a bug.

Setup did not install anything (version 1.45, latest as of my note).
I tried setup with and without -u, and most other letters of the alphabet
in hope I might get some different behavior or some documentation.
It reported that I had same or more recent versions of everything.
Note that I was installing from a directory of latest downloads.
However, when I deleted he cygwin registry keys, setup installed
everything correctly.