Cygwin1.1 STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Andrew Patrzalek apatrza1@rochester.rr.com
Tue May 30 18:23:00 GMT 2000

If I may pipe in here, since I received the same
error...  When I check the processes currently running I found several
other instances of bash running. Upon killing these other tasks I was able to
execute effectively. I don't know if this is an housekeeping issue or not..
zombies and that sort of stuff. Maybe one of the gurus can explain
it.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From:
  Robert Rose

  To: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
  Sent: Friday, May 26, 2000 7:31 AM
  Subject: Cygwin1.1
  STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

  CygwinDLL version 1.1

  I have a problem executing a program I have compiled under
  Cygwin.

  When I execute it, it produces a stackdump file complaining
  about a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION exception. The program then
  hangs.

  Is this a Windows exception or a Cygwin
  exception.

  I have a working version on a Sun-Solaris using National
  Instruments CVI libraries for Sun Solaris to develop the GUI
  part.

  I have since ported my source files to Windows NT and linked
  them using the NI CVI Win32 libraries using Cygwin.

  The NI libraries are C libraries compiled using the NI
  compiler (compatible with MSVC++).

  I have managed to link these libraries, my object files and
  a Cygwin dependant dll with the options -mwindows and -e
  mainCRTStartup.

  However I get the above error when trying to execute. It
  does not even reach the first line of code.

  One possible problem could be that one of the dlls was
  compiled using a previous version of the Cygwin1 dll yet my object files
  were compiled using the the latest version of the Cygwin1 dll.

  Does the other dll need to be recompiled with the new Cygwin
  dll or should it be backwards compatible?

  However, I get this problem when trying to
  execute.

  I have ran strace on my executable and cygcheck but the
  output means little to me. I have attached these files for your
  perusal.

  If anybody could shed some light on the subject I would be
  very grateful.

  Cheers,

  Robert.

  This mail is intended only for the addressee shown
  above. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
  otherwise protected from disclosure.  Any review, publication,
  dissemination, copying or use of this mail or its contents by persons other
  than the addressee is strictly prohibited, unless prior authorisation is
  received from MASS. If you have recieved this mail in error please notify
  MASS immediately by telephone and delete the mail returning any
  hard copies in the post to MASS at the address below.

  Mass Consultants Ltd, Grove House, Rampley Lane, Little
  Paxton, St Neots, Cambs, PE19 4EL  Tel: 01480 222600

  -- Want to unsubscribe from this list? Send a message to
  cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com