cygwin
Heinz-Juergen Oertel
oe@port.de
Wed May 31 00:48:00 GMT 2000
Dietmar Lettau wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I use cygwin with w98.
> My question: how to install a thing like "/etc/profiles" or ~/.bashrc ?
> I want automatically some aliases to be loaded at startup.
>
> The bash uses c:\ as root (I assume: there lies the .bash_history), but
> it won't help when I place a '.bashrc' there (written with lower case).
>
> Please excuse my bad english,
>
> greetings
> Dietmar
>
> --
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com
for using these files (.profile, .bashrc) in a "home"
you must have a HOME variable set with your home-path.
mkdir /home
mkdir /home/dietmar
cp .bashrc /home/dietmar
HOME must e set before calling bash, e.g. in a startup.bat (cygnus.bat)
set HOME c:\home\dietmar
works for me with cygwin b20.1
--
with best regards / mit freundlichen GrüÃÂen
Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
===========================================
Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
port GmbH phone +49 345 77755-0
Regensburger Str. 7c fax +49 345 77755-20
D-06132 Halle/Saale mailto:oe@port.de
Germany http://www.port.de
===========================================
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list