Problems with setup.exe

Shiv Kumar vihs@rocketmail.com
Wed May 31 23:41:00 GMT 2000


I do a setup -u whenever  I get a mail from cygwin-announce and I have not faced
this problem so fact. All my mounts are intact even after setup.

Before setup -u :-

     Device              Directory           Type         Flags
     D:\export\home\shiv  /home               user         textmode
     E:\download         /download           user         textmode
     D:\root\bin         /usr/bin            user         binmode
     D:\root\lib         /usr/lib            user         binmode
     D:\root             /                   user         binmode

After setup -u :-

     Device              Directory           Type         Flags
     D:\export\home\shiv  /home               user         textmode
     E:\download         /download           user         textmode
     D:\root\bin         /usr/bin            user         binmode
     D:\root\lib         /usr/lib            user         binmode
     D:\root             /                   user         binmode

Cheers.
--
shiv
vihs@rocketmail.com

Tom Weichmann wrote:

>         I know that setup.exe is a work in progress, and have heard
> that some major re-construction is under way, but I would like to
> know if there is a fix for this.  Every time I update a package using
> setup -u foo setup reverts my mount table back to the default, and
> re-writes cygwin.bat deleting any modifications I have made.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Tom Weichmann
>
> --
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com



More information about the Cygwin mailing list