Cygwin windows GUI version of gvim.

Andrej Borsenkow Andrej.Borsenkow@mow.siemens.ru
Wed Nov 1 03:02:00 GMT 2000

> Was wondering if a Windows GUI (ie. Non X based) version of gvim has been
> tried before?  If not I thought I might take a crack at it.

Windows GUI version of gvim existed long ago. But it is native Win32 and not
Cygwin. It can be compiled using MSVC++, Borland, Mingw. May be, with Cygwin
in -mno-cygwin mode.

If you mean Cygwin version with Windows GUI - that's different. I remember,
this issue was raised several times on vimdev.

Note, that AFAIK you cannot have both console and GUI versions in one
executable due to WIndows design.

I, too, would like to see Cygwin gvim; you can, of course, use Win32 version,
but that means all sort of problems with file names (Unix/Windows), line end
conventions etc.

But better place for this is vimdev list: vim-dev@vim.org. You must be
subscribed to this list to post.

cheers