Possible to grab snapshot to kick-start CVS copy?

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Wed Nov 1 04:23:00 GMT 2000

Evan McLean wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Was wondering if having downloaded a snapshot and untared it, is it then
> possible to use this as my cvs copy (after doing a cvs login of course).
>
> Or am I better off just doing the cvs checkout from scratch.

Usually. The snapshots are missing the CVS subdirectories so you
cant do a simple `cvs diff' or `cvs update' on the repository.

> Just thought downloading the snapshot might be quicker and use less
> bandwidth.  I am familiar with using cvs.

Are you talking about Cygwin? Or about vim?

If it's Cygwin, take a look onto

	http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/cvs.html

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com