[Perl 5.6] Cpan.pm

¨ Gerrit Haase ? gerrit.haase@t-online.de
Thu Nov 2 16:47:00 GMT 2000

Hi there Cygwinners,

anybody out there who tried to install Perlmodules with Cpan.pm?

I've tried several times, my last hope is to reboot and try again,
tomorrow.

I called Cpan.pm like this, set all defaults and tried to:
install Bundle::CPAN

i got this error:
Please, install Net::FTP as soon as possible. CPAN.pm installs it for
you
if you just type
    install Bundle::libnet

as i tried to install this too, i got the same errors as before,
kit is complete, no configure found, no makefile:

  CPAN.pm: Going to build G/GB/GBARR/libnet-1.0703.tar.gz

Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm line 110.
Checking for Socket...ok
Checking for IO::Socket...ok
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Can't open perl script "Configure": No such file or directory
Writing Makefile for Net
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
  /usr/bin/make  -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Oops, make had returned bad status
Running make install
  Oops, make had returned bad status
Bundle summary: The following items in bundle Bundle::libnet had
installation problems:
  Net::Telnet
Use of uninitialized value in chdir at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/CPAN.pm
line 183.

ciao,

- gph -

--