Case-insensitive globbing (was RE: Cygnus question)

Town, Brad btown@ceddec.com
Fri Nov 3 14:23:00 GMT 2000


> Thanks for the patch but this really needs to be under the 
> control of a
> CYGWIN setting.  We already have CYGWIN=glob.  Maybe something like
> CYGWIN=glob:ignorecase would be appropriate.

Here are patches to dcrt0.cc, environ.cc, and glob.c to do just that.

Note that ignore_case_with_glob is an int, not a BOOL like it should be.  I
did that because I'm late getting home.

For future reference, is the way I did it The Right Way?

Brad  :)

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: dcrt0.cc.patch
Type: text/x-diff
Size: 275 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20001103/a293cafb/attachment.bin>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: environ.cc.patch
Type: text/x-diff
Size: 1383 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20001103/a293cafb/attachment-0001.bin>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: glob.c.patch
Type: text/x-diff
Size: 1636 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20001103/a293cafb/attachment-0002.bin>


More information about the Cygwin mailing list