kpathsea cannot read `texmf.cnf' under Cygwin 1.1.4

Jerome Benoit JGMBenoit@Wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 7 12:21:00 GMT 2000


It is not a Cygwin problem:
in fact Cygwin is not DOSISH : that the point:

I plan to submit a change file sooner.

Jerome BENOIT

"Dr. Volker Zell" wrote:
> 
> >>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Wright <Kevin_Wright@i2.com> writes:
> 
>     Kevin> Jerome,
>     Kevin> I found some of my notes from building teTeX which uses some of the same
>     Kevin> utilities. Here's what I found:
> 
>     Kevin> /usr/local/bin/mktexlsr:
>     Kevin>    if test -z "$COMSPEC" && test -z "$ComSpec"; then SEP=':'; else SEP=';';
>     Kevin> fi
> 
>     Kevin> changed this to SEP=':'
> 
> Hi
> 
>   I compiled teTex-1.0 under cygwin-1.1.5-4 and changed SEP to : as recommended above.
>   Compiling tex files and previewing with xdvi works like a charm.
>   The only problem is that the automatic font generation facility of tetex always places
>   the resulting .pk files in the directory where the dvi file is found.
> 
>   It doesn't matter how I setup the font directory.
> 
>   I checked the tetex config files against my linux and solaris configuration, and couldn't find
>   any differences. So maybe it's a cygwin problem.
> 
>   Is anybody out there who's using tetex with cygwin and seeing the same problem, or better
>   has an answer ?
> 
> Ciao
>   Volker

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com



More information about the Cygwin mailing list