Updated: OpenSSH-2.3.0p1

Richard Stanton stanton@Haas.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Nov 8 08:25:00 GMT 2000

Could you maybe elaborate on exactly what steps needs to be taken to upgrade
to the new SSHD? I just updated, and now when I try to connect to my machine
using SSH (which worked fine until 10 minutes ago) here's what happens:

[c:\]ssh -v mortgage
SSH Version OpenSSH_2.3.0p1, protocol versions 1.5/2.0.
Compiled with SSL (0x0090581f).
debug: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
debug: Applying options for *
debug: Seeding random number generator
debug: ssh_connect: getuid 1001 geteuid 1001 anon 0
debug: Connecting to mortgage [128.32.75.82] port 22.
debug: Seeding random number generator
debug: Allocated local port 633.
debug: Connection established.
debug: ssh_exchange_identification: sshd: no hostkeys available -- exiting.

debug: Calling cleanup 0x414cf0(0x0)

I'm hoping I'm not the only one in this position, but I can't work out how
to translate the message below into actual steps I need to take to get SSHD
working again...