XEmacs on cygwin wierdness

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 13 15:27:00 GMT 2000

Charles Wilson wrote:

> Andy Piper wrote:
> >
> > Must be a cygwin bug, works ok for me with 1.1.4. The other thing you could
> > try is undoing my unexcw.c fix. DId you update from cvs?
> >
> > andy
>
> No, I didn't use cvs.  It's "stock" XEmacs-21.2.36.  I'll update XEmacs
> from cvs and try again -- although according to Chris Faylor on the
> cygwin list, the stackdump addresses are inside cygwin.  I'm going to
> try to build a debuggable version of cygwin and give that a go.

Okay, dumb question time.  I hunted in the archives -- I *know* Chris
posted these instructions at one time or another, but I can't find
them.  How do I build a debuggable cygwin dll.  Here's my current,
non-debug cygwin.dll build script:

#!/bin/sh -x
export src=/usr/src/cygwin/src
export inst=/usr/src/cygwin/inst
export CC_FOR_TARGET=/usr/bin/gcc
export CXX_FOR_TARGET=/usr/bin/c++
$src/configure --host=i686-pc-cygwin \
  --target=i686-pc-cygwin --enable-haifa --prefix=/usr \
  --exec-prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libdir=/usr/lib \
  --includedir=/nonexistent/include
make CFLAGS=-O2 tooldir=/usr
make install prefix=$inst/usr exec_prefix=$inst/usr \
   bindir=$inst/usr/bin libdir=$inst/usr/lib \
   sysconfdir=$inst/etc includedir=$inst/usr/include \
   tooldir=$inst/usr

--Chuck