terminal/tty problems

Sagar R. Shah Sagar.Shah@sid.cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 16 05:26:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Robinow, David wrote:
> > export CYGWIN=binmode
>  This is not sufficient. "CYGWIN" needs to be set before you start cygwin.

Ah right, thanks, it works :-)

> I can no longer remember why I needed the tty version.
The cygwin user guide mentions that putting tty in will make Job control via
^Z work, and that putting in tty means that standard input, output and
error are in binary mode rather than text.

That actually makes sense to me now. The reason why I didn't try removing
tty before was that emacs was complaining that standard input was not a tty,
but to me the variablename's presence in the CYGWIN variable was implying
that it was a tty.

Anyway thanks again

Sagar