ntsec problem with win2k

Patrick Hess phess@infogen.ws
Thu Nov 16 14:51:00 GMT 2000

Hello Corinna,

> Corinna wrote:
>
> Patrick Hess wrote:
>>         My $CYGWIN (in cygwin.bat) is set to "tty notitle ntsec
>>         strace=0x1 binmode".  However, when I execute
>>         /usr/bin/login.exe and enter the correct password for my
>
> Does your account have the appropriate user rights to be allowed to
> change the user context? I don't think so. Take a look into
> /usr/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2.README.
>
> Corinna

Thank you very much for that pointer.  It seems to have done the
trick.  :)  It works just fine when I execute things as myself.  I
have one more question, however...  Under Win2K, do you know where the
system environment variable PATH is set?  I've tried to find it and
failed.  The way I get cygwin to work is by setting $PATH explicitly
in cygwin.bat.

I promise not to bug you any more after this.  ;)

--
Best regards,
 Patrick                          mailto:phess@infogen.ws