Headers needed

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Fri Nov 17 05:38:00 GMT 2000

"Fleischer, Karsten (K.)" wrote:
> Nope, they are in the cygwin-1.1.x.tar.gz archive.
> Only these are missing:
>
> > -----
> > #include <bstring.h>   /* needed for Irix */
> > #include <sys/syscall.h>
> > #include <netinet/ip_tcp.h>
> > #include <netinet/ip_udp.h>
> > #include <netinet/udp.h>
> > #include <netinet/protocols.h>
> > ----
>
> You have to work around this!
> UDP isn't supported by Cygwin, I think.

That's wrong. UDP is supported. Only most net related header files
which are installed on many Unices are missing. Most needed contents
are defined somewhere else, finally in winsock2.h. But you're right
in that one has to workaround that. That's often called `porting' ;-)

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:vinschen@redhat.com