Not finding hidden files in root directory

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Fri Nov 17 10:31:00 GMT 2000

Malcolm Boekhoff wrote:

> I wonder if this has anything to do with my problem of "tar xvzf
> /d/zip/pine4.21.tar-2.gz" failing because the files are listed as starting with
> "./" in the archive?  I can unpack, e.g. cdrecord-1.9.tar.gz with no problem -
> they aren't listed as starting with "./".

It could be related but only if you tried to untar in the root
directory. I have just tested it with and without my patch.

Untaring such a tar file in any directory other than / works
with both versions while untaring in / fails with the current
Cygwin DLL and works with my patch.

I will check in the patch in a few minutes.

Corinna

> > "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" wrote:
> > >
> > > Looks like a general problem, although I'm not sure exactly where its from.
> > > Try:
> > >
> > > cd /
> > > touch .a
> > >
> > > and you'll see what I mean.  But:
> > >
> > > cd ~
> > > touch /.a
> > >
> > > works fine.  ls -a / works without complaint as well.
> >
> > Yep. Seems to be an error in the path conversion routines. I'm just
> > investigating...
>
> --

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.