adding optional packages
Vincent Labella
vlabella@uark.edu
Sat Nov 18 12:58:00 GMT 2000
Hello,
Besides the fact that Cygwin is freely availible, regularily
updated and easy to install. The thing I like most is that it comes with
so many optional packages: libtiff, zlib, jpeg, ssh etc.. precompiled and
installed! Getting even a comercial compiler installed with all these
optional packages would take a modest amount of effort.
So my question is: What does it take to add an optional package to
cygwin?
Is this up to an individual or is there a set of instructions one can
follow? The reason is that I would like to add the following packages that
compile OOTB:
-fftw
-wxwindows
-gsl
I would be happy to do the work if instructed.
Vince
+= Vincent P. LaBella vlabella@uark.edu Univ. of Arkansas =+
| Dept. of Physics Fayetteville, AR 72701 501-575-4313 FAX:4781|
+==================>www.uark.edu/misc/vlabella<==================+
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list