2000-11-25 cygwin / CVS init fails on Win98
Charles S. Wilson
cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Sun Nov 26 17:56:00 GMT 2000
You do not have the latest version of CVS. The problem you report was
fixed in version 1.10.0-1 of cvs, released about six weeks ago. The old
version of cvs, which you are using, cannot create a repository on a FAT
drive.
Also, what's up with the wacky disk structure -- the cygwin stuff should
be in the front of your path when you are running bash, or you are just
asking for trouble. Also, don't mix & match toolkits. The reed-kotler
programs do not understand cygwin mount points, so you can't trust
rk-which. use the 'type' builtin command in cygwin-bash.
For best results, you should probably mount your I: drive thusly:
mkdir /i
mount -b I: /i
then, use this command (after having installed the new cvs)
cvs -d :local:/i/data/version-control/cvsroot init
(Actually, I do this:
export CVSROOT=/i/data/version-control/cvsroot
cvs init
I don't think you really need to specify ":local:"
)
--Chuck
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list