autoconf configure problems

matighet matighet@bbn.com
Mon Oct 2 06:37:00 GMT 2000


when trying to build multiplte programs that are supposed to build OOTS
(mutt, ncurses 5.0), I always
get the following error-trace when running configure:

loading cache ./config.cache
Configuring NCURSES 5.0 ABI 5 (Mon Oct  2 09:35:50  2000)
checking host system type... Invalid configuration `2': machine `2' not
recognized

checking for prefix... /usr/local
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.



What does the ERROR "C compiler cannot create executables" means ?

I've installed gcc 2.92.2:

gcc -v:
Using builtin specs.
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release-2)

Is this an environment problem ?

Also: How can I send email directly to the cygwin mailing list ?

Thanks
Michael

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com



More information about the Cygwin mailing list