net start inetd fails with "can't find cygwin1.dll" error

Timothee Besset timothee.besset@ecl1999.ec-lyon.fr
Wed Oct 4 14:43:00 GMT 2000

I'm running a recent cygwin installation on NT4. (installed about two
weeks ago). I tried to setup telnetd and ftpd, from some previous mails
in the list, I did inetd --install-as-service and then net start inetd.
Bu the net start inetd fails with cygwin1.dll not found and a list of
patch names .. and it's true that the path to the cygwin1.dll is not in
there.
I tried changing the PATH environment variable, but it doesn't seem to
matter.

Now inetd is listed in the services as automatic and start, but telnet
still doesn't work. And I can't remove the service. ./inetd.exe
--remove-as-service fails with an error message "Failed to remove
service" and in the serivces panel it doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

TTimo