Environmental Variables
Robinow, David
drobinow@dayton.adroit.com
Thu Oct 5 14:14:00 GMT 2000
> -----Original Message-----
> * Robinow, David <drobinow@dayton.adroit.com> writes:
>
> > [1 <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (7bit)>]
> > [2 <text/html; iso-8859-1 (7bit)>]
Yes, that really sucks. I've tried and tried and I wasn't able to figure
out how to avoid this.
I talked to the Windows guy here and he claims to have fixed it. I've
been getting bounced by the list (something I highly approve of by the way)
> >> XEmacs builds OOTB.ÃÂ I'm not sure what to do if you are not using X
> >> though.
> > ÃÂ The X in XEmacs has nothing to do with the X Window system.
> > ÃÂ XEmacs builds OOTB with or without X libraries.
>
> What I meant was I do not know how to get the Windows GUI. I have a
> packaged XEmacs installed that doesn't use X and right of hand I do
> not know how they do it. Obviously, it can run in the terminal,
> although I do not care to know how that looks on a DOS terminal. The
> standard XEmacs build, though, looks for X and tries to build support
> for it.
Well, I don't know the details but if you don't have X it will build
a Windows version. You can also use -nw if you want (you get that for free)
If you're really curious look at the files ending in -msw.c, -msw.h in
the src/ directory.
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list